Ver 1.6: What is the networkacc.cod file?

The official NetworkAcc for BlackBerry & smartphones forum. Post any bug reports, questions and suggestions here.

Moderators: Peter, tina, Robert, Jane, Jessie

Ver 1.6: What is the networkacc.cod file?

Postby captfbgnet » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:50 pm

I used the Blackberry desktop loader to load the .alx file after I unzipped it to the desktop. It loaded 'successfully'' and the program appears to be working ok on the 8130 Pearl Blackberry. But what is the associated ."cod" (w/o quotes) file, as I don't think the desktop downloader did anything with it and it doesn't "open". Is/was this file needed by the loader to work properly with the Pearl or is it just some type of informational file? BTW, if Blackberry releases a software update for the Pearl will YOUR software continue to work or will I be notified (you have my order email address) to update someway??? Thanks
captfbgnet

Re: Ver 1.6: What is the networkacc.cod file?

Postby Peter » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:11 am

When installing applications onto BlackBerry, there must have two files: the "Alx" and "Cod". The "Alx" file is some kinds of description file for the application to be installed, while the exact application is packaged in the "Cod" file. When using BB application manager to install application, you only need to choose "alx" file. But if there is no "Cod" file within the same fold, the installation will not proceed.

As for your second question, if Blackberry releases a software update for the Pearl, our software will continue to work on it because they are fully optimized for different version of BB OS. If an update is required, we will notify you at the very first time.

Hope that helps :)
Boost Mobile Phones with eMobiStudio's Award Winning Products: MemoryUp Pro, NetworkAcc, and BatteryPlus
Peter

Return to NetworkAcc