Network Acc 2.0 Setting for Verizon BB Storm 2

The official NetworkAcc for BlackBerry & smartphones forum. Post any bug reports, questions and suggestions here.

Moderators: Peter, tina, Robert, Jane, Jessie

Network Acc 2.0 Setting for Verizon BB Storm 2

Postby crackmd » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:35 pm

Read the rave reviews. Downloaded trial.

Network Accelerator says it successfully adjustted all my settings on my VZW Blackberry Storm 2 (OS 5). I use BIS for email.

I don't notice any difference in very sluggish BB browser with gears set to 5.

Any suggestions? I sure want this to work! Will gladly buy it if I can see any difference, even modest improvement. None at present.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to all.
crackmd

Re: Network Acc 2.0 Setting for Verizon BB Storm 2

Postby tina » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:51 am

crackmd wrote:Read the rave reviews. Downloaded trial.

Network Accelerator says it successfully adjustted all my settings on my VZW Blackberry Storm 2 (OS 5). I use BIS for email.

I don't notice any difference in very sluggish BB browser with gears set to 5.

Any suggestions? I sure want this to work! Will gladly buy it if I can see any difference, even modest improvement. None at present.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Hello Crackmd,

Thanks for your question here.

For the setting of your BlackBerry Storm, please refer to the following guide to set:
1) Select OS: please select OS 5.0;
2) Select County: please select the country where you are;
3) Select Carrier: please select version
4) Select Server Type:
5) Select Connection Type:
If you are not sure about your BlackBerry's server type and connection type, please contact your Internet Service Provider. They will provide you with specific information of your BlackBerry's server type and connection type.
6) Manage profile: In the new verion of NetworkAcc 2.0, you can save different network profiles in NetworkAcc, i.e. profiles of your office’s WiFi network and home’s GPRS network. With NetworkAcc’s profile manager, you can conveniently switch between different profiles, and NetworkAcc will automatically optimize your mobile phone’s network performance based on different network settings in each profile. The default current profile is unsaved, you can create different profile for every network settings, but you need to save profile and load it, this way your saved profile will be activate and saved as current profile.

As for your question about gears: NetworkAcc provides accelerate gear from 1 to 5, the higher the gear is, the faster the network speed will be. However, it will take some extra smartphone resources (i.e. system memory and processing power) and cause heavier workload. The default value is 2. Usually we recommend normal users a value of 2 or 3. But if you have frequent online activities, or your smartphone has adequate memory and processing capability, you can choose a value of 4 or 5.

The performance of NetworkAcc may be affected by many factors, including your smartphone’s network traffic load, system computing speed and free memory, etc. According to our testing results, normally NetworkAcc will improve smartphone’s network throughput by 5%-25%. There are a few key tips for our valued customers just like you:
1. If you want NetworkAcc to work at its best effort, we recommend you to shift the accelerator gear to level 5, but that will take more system resources including system computing time and free memory.
2. Please make sure you have selected the proper network parameters for your network and clicked the ‘Accelerate’ option in the main menu of NetworkAcc.
3. Please make sure you have enabled NetworkAcc to run in the background by selecting the ‘Hide’ option in the main menu of NetworkAcc.

We believe you will observe the difference in network performance after running NetworkAcc in the background after a few days.

Best Regards

Tina
tina

Re: Network Acc 2.0 Setting for Verizon BB Storm 2

Postby captfbgnet » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:26 pm

Tina, two questions:
1. You mentioned to press 'hide' to have NetworkACC retain settings and continue to work in the background. 1.6 version stated the upgrade also works by pressing the 'escape key' which is suppose to do the same thing and is much easier. So, which is it? Hide or escape or either one?
2. I upgraded to 2.0 from 1.6 and all my registration key(s) etc. was retained. I DID NOT have to re-register it with you...yet? I even 'pulled the battery' for hard re-set but everything remains OK. No option in menu to register product. This is how an upgrade SHOULD work (retaining all previous settings) but your company mentions having to email etc for new reg. id/keys etc. Is this going to be a problem for me down the road? Thanks.
captfbgnet

Return to NetworkAcc