Instructions on how to enable Shortcut 'Q' for HotkeyManager

The official HotkeyManager for BlackBerry forum. Post any bug reports, questions and suggestions here.

Moderators: Peter, tina, Robert, Jane, Jessie

Instructions on how to enable Shortcut 'Q' for HotkeyManager

Postby lepeng_zupeng » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:48 am

HotkeyManger can be activated from anywhere with a single click of 'Q'. To enable Shortcut 'Q' for HtokeyManager, please follow following instructions:
1. Please return to Home Screen of your Blackberry
2. Click 'Q' or 'Send Key' to open the phone screen, open the menu and select 'Options'->'General Options'
3. Set 'Dial From Home Screen' to 'No'

It is done. Now you can quickly launch HotkeyManager from any place just with a click on 'Q'.

For more detailed information, please download and read the user manual for HotkeyManager at http://www.emobistudio.com/product_manuals.asp
lepeng_zupeng
Site Admin

Re: Instructions on how to enable Shortcut 'Q' for HotkeyManager

Postby wa5pho » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:40 pm

I followed these instructions and my evaluation Hot Key mgr on an 8330 launches on p, not q. The user's guide first mentions that "p" is the shortcut to QuickLaunch and then a few pages later, that it is "Q", which mine will not do . Is there a reason? Should manual be corrected/ By the way the manual covers way too much on how to install, but not enough on usage of the product. Another page or 2 would have made this manual from barely usable to useful.
wa5pho

Return to HotkeyManager