What is ‘battery calibration’ and why I need it?

The official BatteryPlus for BlackBerry forum. Post any bug reports, questions and suggestions here.

Moderators: Peter, tina, Robert, Jane, Jessie

What is ‘battery calibration’ and why I need it?

Postby Peter » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:30 am

A battery calibration means ‘Give your BlackBerry a full charge, then let the battery run out. Then recharge it to full’. A complete cycle is counted as a calibration.

BatteryPlus suggests a monthly battery calibration to maximize your battery life span. However, you may choose other timeframe according to your preference. BatteryPlus will automatically remember your last calibration time, and notify you every 1/2/3 months based on your settings.
Boost Mobile Phones with eMobiStudio's Award Winning Products: MemoryUp Pro, NetworkAcc, and BatteryPlus
Peter

Re: What is ‘battery calibration’ and why I need it?

Postby wx27 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:21 pm

Not sure if this related to battery calibration, but it has been a month since I installed BatteryPlus and yesterday the phone became really slow like the processor was being hammered by some process. I rebooted several times thinking some app was causing this slowdown. Recharged from 20% to full overnight and it was initially slow trying to do anything on the phone when I picked up the phone, but now it is back to normal.

My BatteryPlus LogView shows 30 minute records until 4pm yesterday, and then only one new entry of 7:55am. Last night, I remember this screen being similar, only showing up to 4pm, and then one entry that was recent, so BP for the moment seems to overwrite the most recent entry, though the daily graph properly shows the recharge overnight and the steady 100% since then while the phone was still on the charger.

Does this have anything to do with battery calibration? I don't recall getting any message/reminder on my screen, though BP is set to remind every 1 month. I have a Bold 9650.
wx27

Re: What is ‘battery calibration’ and why I need it?

Postby Jessie » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:38 am

wx27 wrote:Not sure if this related to battery calibration, but it has been a month since I installed BatteryPlus and yesterday the phone became really slow like the processor was being hammered by some process. I rebooted several times thinking some app was causing this slowdown. Recharged from 20% to full overnight and it was initially slow trying to do anything on the phone when I picked up the phone, but now it is back to normal.

My BatteryPlus LogView shows 30 minute records until 4pm yesterday, and then only one new entry of 7:55am. Last night, I remember this screen being similar, only showing up to 4pm, and then one entry that was recent, so BP for the moment seems to overwrite the most recent entry, though the daily graph properly shows the recharge overnight and the steady 100% since then while the phone was still on the charger.

Does this have anything to do with battery calibration? I don't recall getting any message/reminder on my screen, though BP is set to remind every 1 month. I have a Bold 9650.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for your message.

After double checking with our Tech. Team about the mentioned problem, it has nothing to do with the battery calibration. And please advise:
1. Was your phone closed from 4:00PM yesterday to 7:55AM today? Since BatteryPlus doesn't record your battery usage when your phone is closed;
2. Please check whether BatteryPlus was forced to be closed by your BB system due to an unexpected error during the mentioned period? If your phone is closed duing this period, there is also no record in "Log View".

Fyi, in Daily Graph, if your phone is closed during a period, the graph can jump over it directly. Thanks for attention.

Best Regards,
Jessie
Jessie
Site Admin

Return to BatteryPlus